Thursday, September 08, 2005

New Strawberry Days dates

I'll be making some more appearances this month on behalf of Strawberry Days: How Internment Destroyed a Japanese American Community. Here's the quick rundown:
September 9: University Bookstore, Bellevue, 7 p.m.

September 10-11: Aki Matsuri Festival, Bellevue, 2 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. Sunday

September 21: Montana Book Company, Helena, MT, 7 p.m.

September 23: Montana State University Bookstore, Bozeman, MT, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.

I'm especially looking forward to the Aki Matsuri Festival appearance on Saturday, because it won't just be me talking about the book; I'll be joined by a collection of the elderly pioneer Nisei who helped contribute to the book (and with whose story it is chiefly occupied). It's a chance to honor their contribution to the development of the Eastside and its communities.

I'm also looking forward to the Montana trip, just cuz. (I tried to get a Missoula date, since I'll be staying there several days, but couldn't work it out on admittedly short notice.)

If you're in the vicinity, I hope you can make it.

No comments: