Wednesday, July 13, 2005

'The Fire Next Time'

Hope you all have a chance to check out this week's airing of the P.O.V. documentary, "The Fire Next Time," which examines a small Montana community torn apart by the hatred spewed by right-wing extremists who decided to target liberals and environmentalists.

I was involved in one of the events at which these concerns came to a head -- in fact, I was one of the keynote speakers -- and may be in the film (I haven't seen it yet). Regular readers of Orcinus will recall that I wrote at length about the matter in this piece.

I'll discuss the film more after I've seen it. The link to the P.O.V. site above will take you to a locator that will tell you when it's showing in your area. (In Seattle, it's showing Thursday at 10 p.m. on KCTS.)

No comments: